Register’s Land Rentals
1510 Register Rd
Adel, GA 31620
This Lease is made this ______ day of __________ (Month), _____ (Year) by and between ___________________________________________________________
(hereinafter “land renters”). In consideration for the mutual promises and covenants contained herein, and for other good and valuable consideration, the parties hereby agree as follows:
- The Landowners leases to the land renter (farmer, rancher, etc), and the land renter rents from the landowners the following described premises: ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2. The term of the Lease shall be for_____________________________________________________________
(farm’s name, parcel number, farm number, or well number) commencing _____________ and ending ______________.
3. The land renter shall pay to Landowners as rent $____________per year for each acre of irrigated land that is considered to be used. The land renter shall pay to landowners as rent $____________per year for each acre of dry land that is considered to be used.
Totals of irrigated acres ___________ Total $__________
Totals of dry acres ___________ Total $______________
Total Amount $____________
- This lease is subject to all present or future mortgages affecting the premises.
5. Land renters shall use and occupy the premises only as for agriculture, and any changes are subject at all times to the approval of the landowners. The land renters do not have hunting rights unless approval from the landowners.
6. The land renter shall not make any alterations, additions or improvements to the premises without the prior written consent of the landowners.
7. The landowners shall not have to furnish electricity, farming equipment, pesticides, lime, fertilizer, fuel, seed, plants, or employees for the benefit of the land renter.
8. The land renters, at their own expense, will have to repair all fence, sprinklers, water guns, gearbox, tires, and other drive train parts on irrigations they are using. All water leaks/ irrigation problems have to be reported to the landowners immediately. All other repairs such as wells, well gear cases, electrical components, and butterfly/chemical/back flow valves need to be done by only irrigation dealers that are approved by land renters and landowners. Any irrigation equipment, piping, valves, or electronics added by the land renters to the irrigation pivots and piping shall not be removed after the lease is over to make the irrigation unfunctional. All old irrigation equipment and valves removed are still property of the landowners. All water lube deep irrigation wells such as at The Johnny Register Farm have to have the proper amount of water drain back into the well before starting the electric motor that operates the deep irrigation well.
The land renter shall purchase at his own expense liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000 and shall provide satisfactory evidence thereof to the Landlord and shall continue it in force and effect throughout the lease term hereof. All damages to irrigation, well motors, well casing/gear boxes, piping, and land due to mismanagement and neglect of land, irrigation system/water supply by land renters and their employees are the responsibility of the land renter. No fertilizer, acid, or anything other than water from a deep well can be pumped through irrigation center pivots.
10. The land renter shall not permit or commit waste to the premises.
11. The land renter shall comply with all GA DNR laws, federal regulations, pesticide/fertilizer labels, USDA, FDA, and laws of all governmental authorities having jurisdiction over the premises. The land renters shall enforce all food safety rules and regulations created by a 3rd party auditing company and USDA.
12. The land renter shall not permit or engage in any activity that will effect an increase in the rate of insurance for the land in which the premises is contained nor shall the land renter permit or commit any nuisance thereon such as interfering with any timber cutting, timber cruising, planting trees, landowner observations of agriculture, land planning, clearing land, irrigation repair/installation, land surveying, special utilities repairs/installations, or any special event hosted by the land owners. Land renter cannot place animal manure or pesticide that can become a nuisance from smells or health to surrounding homeowners of the farm.
13. The land renters shall not sublet or assign the premises nor allow any other person or business to use or occupy the premises without the prior written consent of the landowners, which consent may not be unreasonably withheld.
14. At the end of the term of this lease, the land renters shall surrender and deliver up the premises in the same condition (subject to any additions, alterations or improvements, if any) as presently exists, reasonable wear and tear excluded.
- Upon default in any term or condition of this lease, the landowners shall have the right to undertake any or all other remedies permitted by law, no refunds unless otherwise noted by the landowners and land renters.
- This lease shall be binding upon, and inure to the benefit of, the parties, their heirs, successors, and assigns.
- The land renter cannot hunt wildlife unless approved by landowners.
- Any of these rules can void in this lease and no refunds to the land renters.
- Any other agreements made by landowners and land renters. ___________________________________________________________________________________
Signed this _______ day of ______ (Month) ________ (Year).
Land Renters: _____________________________________________